Tuesday, November 09, 2010

l'Olivette Sommieres



A bit by accident we were looking for somewhere to eat at lunch time in Sommieres yesterday. God, the place is a ghost town on Monday. There was very little open. No shops, no eateries, nothing.


Anyway, after looking around for a while we found that l'Olivette, 11 Rue Abbé Fabre, 0466 80 97 71, was open. We had only ever eaten here once before but had a good memory so in we went.


What a pleasant surprise. We had the €12 menu with a choice of two for each of three courses. We both chose exactly the same, which I guess happens after you have lived together for a while, and really enjoyed it.


Our normal lunch 'cheap and cheerful' up the road in Montmirat is a bit predictable but good value but what set l'Olivette apart was not only the tasty food but that some cheffy thought had gone into it. Excellent.

2 comments:

mpprh said...

I haven't been since the change of ownership. Now my personal tester has given it the thumbs up, I'll give it a go.

Peter

Alex said...

Ah, I didn't realise that it had changed hands. Didn't think I recognised anybody.