Friday, September 17, 2010

Do as I say, not as I do



I'm having great difficulty taking the Pope's visit seriously and I've already been warned by Craig not to take the piss out of The Royal Company of Archers, Scotland's answer to Trident.


In no way do I want to attack other people's faith (or point of view) but as all the priests came down from the altar after the Pope's Mass in Edinburgh, didn't they look like the Ku Klux Klan. All white robes and pointy hats. It was a bit scary because they all looked like they were on their way to a good ol' lynching.


Jan, who was brought up a Methodist and tut tuts regularly at all the gold and pomp and stuff (you're so eloquent - Ed), made the comment that Jesus, who lived a simple life as a  carpenters son, preached simplicity, humility and all that good stuff and would not be at all impressed.


I've got to say that she has a point.

1 comment:

Craig said...

You beat me to it. I was about to do a post comparing the catholic priests to the KKK... great minds and all that.
As we were watching it last night, the terms that came to mind were voodoo and hocus pocus.
It's scary stuff.