Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Colonel blimp

Fings ain't wot they used to be! There was lots of BBC news today about the chaos that snow was causing to England. They jumped around the country talking to reporters usually standing with their heads uncovered with light snow falling. However when they displayed the amount of snow it was invariably only a couple of inches thick. It wouldn't hold up a mouse.

Whilst it wasn't a regular occurrence, I can remember similar snow in my youth where people made it to work and few if any schools were shut. It seems to me that at the slightest excuse they shut schools and generally behave as if the end of the world is just around the corner.

One guy was complaining that the pavement outside his house hadn't been cleared and this made him slip and fall. Well get your shovel out you bloody numbskull and clear it yourself. More and more, you hear people blaming other people for not doing things. As I understand it, it is your legal obligation to clear the path in front of your house in some countries.

What a bunch of spineless people there are around nowadays. There are a million people in England who have never worked and two million living on benefits. What does this useless government do?

Still, like the rest of Europe, it's none too warm here either. But, instead of whingeing about the cold, I went and got myself a nice cosy electric blanket. Can't wait to get into bed at night! I'd even go to school if I was young enough!

No comments: