Monday, November 02, 2009

Sitting there


Last night I'm sitting there bored out of my mind, waiting for the plane to touch down, when it occurred to me that flight attendants must lead a very boring life. It was dark and I was looking forward to getting home and asked the young flight attendant, 'was she finished for the day?' 'No' she said, 'we've got to go to Bristol and back yet.'

This morning I'm sitting in the waiting room, for my turn to have a blood test. In comes a woman with a large container in a semi transparent plastic bag. The container must have held several litres and what nearly made me fall off my chair was it was full of urine. She must have been collecting for weeks!

1 comment:

Barb in North Carolina said...

Could have been a case of diabetes insipidus...a fairly rare form of diabetes in which one, quite leterally, pisses one's life away. Gallons per day.