Monday, October 26, 2009

I need a shot



I love my coffee. I love a shot of caffeine. It has to be short and very sweet. I have fond memories of visiting bars with my uncle Nino, mum’s brother, when I was younger and slugging a mid morning shot in Sotto Zero. Ah, those were the days.

Anyway, sitting in the saloto, trying to get an internet connection with my new fangled Italian dongle from TIM (there’s a joke there somewhere), I fancy a shot.

‘Zia, mi fa un cafe?', I said to Pia. See, it's easy to understand and gramatically correct. She then goes over to her all singing and dancing coffee machine (it grinds the beans, boils the water etc. etc.) They are not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination but this machine costs in the region of 600 euros. They take drinking coffee very seriously here, and, before I die, I’m going to get one.

No comments: