Friday, February 20, 2009

Ouch, that hurts



The other day, needing to start a bit of spring cleaning in the garden, we started by taking several old plastic drums of acid to the tip. The acid hadn't been used to dispose of bodies but it's used to automatically maintain the pH balance in the pool.

Anyway, when we got back, Jan and I folded the sheet that we'd used to protect the inside of the car from all the rubbish and in particular to shake off some water that had spilled. Except it wasn't water. It was sulphuric acid. I don't know how it had escaped but we both noticed a stinging sensation on the back of our hands after we'd finished and so washed it off with lots of water.

This morning Jan gave me back the jeans (above) that I was wearing at the time.
And there I was thinking that the holes in my hands were stigmata.

No comments: