Friday, February 06, 2009

No more Mr Magoo


For what it's worth, my first impression of Internet Explorer 8 is good.
IE 7 is a big fat pig. I found it slow and cumbersome but because I marginally prefer IE over Firefox, I had got into the habit of looking at some stuff with IE 7 and some other sites with Firefox. Not ideal, but it worked for me.
The other day I downloaded IE 8 and, whilst it's still early days, IE 8 is much faster and seems to work across all the sites that I use. Looks good.
***

Whilst I'm in a consumer test mood, I should mention this. I was searching for cheaper contact lenses the other day and I came across this site. OK, to be more precise, I saw their advert in a Ryanair inflight magazine. These lenses are so much cheaper than the lenses I was using and, fully aware that you shouldn't mess about with your eyes, I decided to give them a go. I've been wearing them for seven days now and they're great. Things are a bit more blurred and I keep walking into trees but I still think they're good (NB. For all those readers who think that irony is something to do with getting creases out of clothes, my lawyers felt that I should mention that the last sentence is a joke).

No comments: