Saturday, February 07, 2009

And there's more


I was sitting next to Jan just now and she had her head deep into a crossword. She always has her head deep into something like that. She can sit for hours studying some puzzle or other and it can take several attempts to make contact. Still, I love her dearly - well most of the time. I swear I overheard her say, "four across - dull, slow and heavy - four letters. I suppose it could be 'alex'!" See what I've got to put up with?

***

I've never been bothered about kippers, that is until now. In the past (in the UK) I found them shrivelled, strong tasting and a tad dry. Well, not any more mes amis, now they're a weekly treat. For all my chums in France, check with your local Carrefour. Their kippers are large, meaty, moist, beautifully smoked and a real treat.

So much useful information and ner a picture of a door, or a turnip in sight (stop it - Ed).

2 comments:

Barb in North Carolina said...

Alex...you couldn't possibly still be perseverating about the cheese blogger, or could you?
I visited her blog once.
I won't comment, other than to say, it was cheese for god's sake.

Alex said...

Grief Barbara, 'perserverate', it's early Sunday morning and I shouldn't have to be looking up words. Even my beloved, who is a bit of a whiz with all things literary, hadn't come across it.
Thank you.