Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A taste of St Leonards Road



If there's one thing that we both miss in France it's a good curry. Jan makes curry, from scratch, and it's good, but I particularly miss that authentic curry restaurant taste that is impossible to find where we live. A couple of weeks back I saw reference to curry mixes that you could buy online and we bought a few to try. Blow me but I think that they're really good. So good that if I closed my eyes I could swear that I was eating at the Viceroy on St Leonard's Road in Windsor. This place became our regular Monday night haunt after work in times past. Monday was the only day that I could pick Jan up from work and as we left her office at 18.15 the smell of curry was so enticing that we succumbed and got into the habit of having a curry every Monday evening before going home. We've maintained that habit here, usually eating any leftover weekend meats. We became such regulars that they started sending us bloody Christmas cards. Grief, my mouth is watering as I write.
Anyway, try this site. Lee will look after you and I suggest you get a few different ones in to try. So far we've tried the Goan Fish Curry and the Vegetable Jalfrezi and the next on my list is the Chicken Karahi. The medium hot is just right. They're all made in India so you can't get more authentic than that. Recommended.

1 comment:

MrsJ said...

Having been away for a couple of weeks, Richard asked me what I would like for my dinner this first evening home. Since I have been eating nothing but plain meat and veg I said 'anything interesting'.....and he cooked curry!

And absolutely delicious it was!!

Jacqui
xxxx