Wednesday, January 07, 2009

How cruel can you be?


So we're in the car driving to the hairdresser when, out of the blue, Jan blurts out that she has investigated taking me for a trip round the Ferrari factory for my birthday. Within a nano second I'd figured that this was going to be a nice trip, by car to Italy and that we'd have to stop off somewhere else, like Bologna, a city I'd like to visit again. I nearly burst into tears at such a lovely thought.
However, no sooner had my hopes been built up when she said, but given the state of our money at the moment, (lack of and exchange rates) we can't afford it.
Bloody hell, within the space of a few seconds I'd had something really nice given and immediately taken away. Why would she do that? I was devastated.
Before I could raise a protest she said, "We could always do a trip around the Haribo museum."
This is one cruel, cruel woman, but I have to say that I thought that it was very funny. I wonder what she'll get me?

***

Hot off the press: Ryanair are going to start charging for emotional baggage.

No comments: