Sunday, January 04, 2009

Confusing times


We were driving to Carrefour yesterday morning and, out of the blue, Jan mentioned that she liked the toilet paper that we are using at the moment. Trying not to drive into the ditch in surprise and being a bit of a toilet paper aficionado myself I agreed and said no more.
Well, what else is there to say?
So there I was wandering around the aisles looking for some goodies when Jan walks up, plonks a big package in the trolley, and informs me that we are going to try Carrefour's own brand of toilet roll. To put it mildly, I was a bit surprised, but I said nothing whilst trying to avoid destroying a huge display of kitchen rolls.
Later in the afternoon, over a cup of tea, I tried to strike up a conversation with my beloved about her volte face, after pledging her allegiance to our favourite brand of bog roll. She seemed to take it as a personal affront that I should question her buying motives. She still doesn't see me as just an inquisitive chap trying to fathom the female brain. (That's your first mistake - Ed)
Anyway, she eventually satisfied my curiosity but not without leaving me with the feeling that this was a 'discussion' that she'll bring up in twenty years time during an argument.
The moral of the story is, my brave male friends, that if your beloved tells you that she loves you as you pass the baked beans, she could easily change her mind by the time she passes the frozen peas. But then you knew that didn't you? You have been warned.

No comments: