Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Jan - superstar



This part of the trip has been a total surprise for Jan. A sort of thank you for being her. She had no idea what to expect until we got here. As we pulled up to Le Couvent I said, "here we are darling, a coven. Right up your street." Thank goodness she's got a good sense of humour. (She needs one living with you - Ed)

I've always considered myself infallible (please, no more - Ed) but boy did I get it wrong earlier this year. Jan correctly self diagnosed a serious heart problem whilst I told her not be silly, she had indigestion. The thought of me stuffing her face with Gaviscon, whilst she turned a nice shade of purple, still haunts me.

Anyway, back to the coven couvent. Despite a rather nondescript exterior this former convent has been beautifully remodelled and very tastefully modernised. A lot of money and attention to detail make it a very, very memorable place. A haven of good taste, peace and tranquility (until you got there - Ed) A perfect place to relax. Highly recommended.

No comments: