Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bloody Christmas


As I get older I get lazier or maybe it's just more pragmatic? (you were right first time - Ed)

I bought my own Christmas present whilst in England recently and I've been asking Jan for weeks what she would like. Running out of patience yesterday I demanded to know what she wanted. She shouted at me that she had given me lots of hints. I shouted back that I didn't want bloody hints, we are after all grown ups, I just wanted to know what she wanted.

OK, so whilst we were in Nîmes today, Jan pointed at a shop and said that's where you can buy it. See how useful that it is? What was even more useful was that I mentioned that it was a Christmas present for Jan, who was standing right next to me, and they carefully wrapped it up in sexy black paper. All that has to happen now is that she'll forget what it was and enjoy opening it on the 25th. How practical is that?

No comments: