Saturday, November 29, 2008

Strange noises


I woke at around 05.00 this morning with a loud, medium pitch buzzing in my left ear. It was uncomfortable and very scary. You may have gathered by now, that I'm used to hearing strange voices and other sounds, but this was altogether different. It was so loud that it even drowned out Jan snoring right next to me.

'Bugger,' I said to myself, 'this is not good.' (I'm quick like that) Hearing voices is one thing but a permanent distracting noise is something else.

I started to feel very sorry for myself (what do you mean started? - Ed). Was this the beginning of the end? Was it a sort of tinnitus that could send you mad? Was this god's retribution for my waywardness and lack of belief (See how long the Catholic guilt thing lasts).

I was so scared that I needed to tell someone, but as my beloved was snoring so soundly I decided to delay waking her until a more sensible hour. It then occurred to me that she saw fit to wake me in the middle of the night the other day so why not?

My doctors will post regular medical bulletins right up to the end!

1 comment:

Carolina said...

What was it in the end, Alex? I hope nothing serious!!!