Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Shopping



When we were in the UK last week we did a little shopping. Or, more to the point, Jan did a little shopping. I like shopping, but Jan likes shopping more! So much so that we acquired 22 Kilograms of excess baggage for the return trip. Now, I don't know how much you know about Ryanair and their excess baggage charges but if my memory served me right they would charge us £12 per Kilo. A cool £264 for excess baggage and that was going to make all her little bargains a tad more expensive.

What to do? Well, we checked out the nearest Mail Boxes etc., to where we eventually stayed, asked them to pack it all in a box and send it to us in France. They were really helpful and friendly, and promised not to snigger at, or look at any of Jan's underwear. The cost, a slightly more respectable £80 but still a lot of money.

Anyway, the box arrived today and I could hardly lift it. It was like Christmas. Jan rooted around in the box and found my magazine (750 grams), my new mouse mat (100 grams) and the car tidy that my mother bought for me (150 grams). Now I'm no mathematicians but I reckon that my little lot comes to about a kilo, something that I could have squeezed into my carry on and hoped for the best. And the rest?

No comments: