Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Brown, brown grass of home



A lot of our driving over the last week has been on unfamiliar urban roads through and around Manchester and Liverpool. TomTom, which I brought with me from France, has been a fantastic tool. It has worked extremely well, getting us from A to B, quickly and with no fuss. Add to that, by warning about speed cameras, of which there are lots around Manchester, I'm sure that it's saved me a ticket or two. We've been amazed at some of the routes that it calculated but it never failed. I'm a big fan!
***

An early flight from Liverpool this morning took us back to a very warm and sunny France. I'd forgotten how poor the weather can be in England. At best the last ten days have been warmish and grey. It's been the wettest August for 100 years. Grief, it's good to get back.

No comments: