Tuesday, May 20, 2008

'Snot fair


How come women can buy whatever they want but that rule doesn't apply to men. We're in Lidl this afternoon and Jan decides to buy a new casserole dish. A new casserole dish to add to her huge collection, her mountain of casserole dishes. We have cornered the bloody market in casserole dishes. Me, all I want is a fire extinguisher. I've always wanted a fire extinguisher and there are none in the house. They had a beaut for 26 euros. All big and red and fire extinguishy. I could end up sulking about this. Anyway, the current count is - casserole dishes 23 - fire extinguishers 0. You go figure!

And whilst I'm at it, have you seen the price of diesel recently? When we arrived in France, just under six years ago, I could buy diesel for 70 cents a litre. I thought that I'd gone to heaven. Today I saw it for 1.40 euros, double the price, in less than 6 years. Might have to start riding a bike like somebody not a million miles from here.

3 comments:

jan said...

How would you know how many casserole dishes there are in the kitchen since you never set foot in the place?

She who knows better.

Mark said...

In my case it's cookery books and cookery magazines, I swear my wife Michele must have hundreds. She buys at least 2 a week. Mind you you won't hear me complaining I love been experimented on....if you know what I mean!

C'MON MAN U

Rosemary in Utah said...

Oh I could look at pretty dishes all day--sometimes do.