Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bang goes the diet


Eleven of us sat down at the local relais last night and tucked into their 12 euros menu. How do they do it? It will never get a mention in any guidebook but the meal was wholesome, tasty and freshly cooked.

Anyway, despite knowing well in advance that the clocks changed last night, this morning I forgot, and stumbled out of bed at 09.30 to go and fetch croissants and bread for our guests. If I thought that I had a problem, spare a thought for these two guys who have to adjust all 600 of their clocks. On the basis that they all have to be altered back again in six months time I don't think I'd bother.

Lunch today was just excellent. We all decamped to Le Fourneau de Clelia in nearby Aigremont and got stuck into their menu. Most of us chose scallops for starters and then fillet steak which was just like marshmallow to cut. Fantastic food, perfectly cooked and not at a silly price.

No comments: