Thursday, February 28, 2008

How difficult is it to get dressed


What is it about women and getting dressed? This morning I was pacing up and down waiting to go out and popped into the bedroom to discuss something. Jan was fastening the belt to her trousers. I then wandered off, perfomed several small jobs and, after about 15 minutes, wandered back to the bedroom to discuss something else. Jan was still fastening her belt. Now I'm no fool. What this means is that she had dressed and redressed as many times as she could in fifteen minutes. In my case that means I would dress and redress about fifteen times. Maybe more. I put it all down to chronic indecision and the nurturing of the false concept that anybody else cares about what you wear. I have met and liked women whose dress had seen better days as curtain material. I still liked them. This indecision could also show the onset of short term memory loss, especially when you end up wearing the same outfit that you started with fifteen minutes ago. There's a book here somewhere!

1 comment:

Mark said...

What I dread is the " what do you think, this one or this one?" question!! What really worries me is that its not getting better with age!