Wednesday, January 09, 2008

What's your poison?



The wood burning stove has finally arrived and Bryan has offered to help install it. Whilst it is overcast and fairly mild at the moment it looks like it is going to get sunnier with colder evenings at the weekend. Everything is fitting into place. Michel our local macon has also agreed to help because dropping the liner down the chimney will require a bit of expertise and a lot of grunt. We'll be all toasty warm soon without any choking fumes. So far so good.

I was rather irritated listening to the news the other day when some bright spark waffled on about binge drinking amongst the middle aged population. I have recently been drinking a lot less, mostly because I haven't fancied it, so it was with self righteous indignation that I objected to being lumped into the middle aged binge drinking crowd. Anyway, last night Bryan popped round to discuss some stuff and I suddenly felt like a drink. So we did. And, you know what, I think that we are binge drinkers after all! Bum.

No comments: