Thursday, January 10, 2008

Heat and no smoke



We have fire! Or, more precisely, a foyer. Or, even more precisely, an Invicta Sélénic 6769-03.

Look, I realise that this is of minor importance in the scheme of things but for me it means that at long last we can be nice and warm, without starting to turn blue from carbon monoxide poisoning. Our clothes will not smell of wood smoke and it also means that we can have guests on a cold day without fear of a manslaughter charge. So, quite important really.

Jan is slow to warm to it (pun intented), because she really prefers an open fire, but I know she'll come around. Anyway, she'd better, because it took three of us half a day to get the flue liner down the chimney (with Bryan up the flue again to remove an obstruction) and I like it! Big thanks to Bryan for his efforts. I noticed that she didn't complain as she sat nice and toasty warm tonight.

No comments: