Tuesday, December 18, 2007

More geese

The bloody geese were back again this morning. Not just the usual dumb male but the female as well. I took Max out on a lead to shoo them away but the female turned aggressive (but then you knew she would didn't you girls?) so I beat a hasty retreat (sensible move boys?) and decided to divide and conquer. It worked. Just got to clear up all the shit now.

***

Having decided what wine to take to England I popped out to buy it. We have decided to take a 2004 Revelation from the cave cooperative in Carnas and a 2001 AOC red from Domaine de Baubiac. Getting the wine from Baubiac is an interesting experience. Raoul sat me down in his 'office', a backroom of his house filled with small trinkets, insisted I had a drink and showed me his latest designs for childrens toys. Excellent.

2 comments:

¡Alejandro! said...

About the 2001 Red Domaine de Baubiac; I bought up all the bottles I could find around Tampa Bay and Sarasota the last holidays - Because I had chanced to open a bottle at a Christmas party and simply liked it. Normally I am a fan of anything Rothschild Lafite, even if it's Chilean or Portuguese.

Alex said...

If you can figure a sensible way of getting it to the States then I'll get you some more.