Thursday, November 29, 2007

Your place or mine

According to the UN, France is the 10th best place in the world to live. First place goes to Iceland. I'll stick with tenth!

***

I have to congratulate the enterprising hooker who has recently purchased a big white van, fitted out with curtains, and who parks in a lay-by just outside Nîmes. You'd recognise the van because it is a) the only one ever there and b) it has party balloons on the nearside door handle. She has plied her trade from this lay-by for several years in a car and I have always wondered, amongst other things, where she, and her companions, went to do the deed. I wonder no more. She deserves an award for her enterprise. Anyone want to give her one? (Sorry I couldn't resist it!).

5 comments:

Wendy Johnson said...

On the RN113 on the Pont du Lunel (next door to your garden centre) there is a lady of the night... who puts a plastic bag on the door handle. What do these signs mean?

Wendy
www.frenchhelpservices.com/blog

Alex said...

Hi Wendy
Before she bought her big white 'camper' van, the lay-by lay used to do exactly the same thing and left a plastic bag hanging from her overtaking mirror. I often wondered why but never had the guts to stop and ask. In the interests of social research, I will ask when I next see it.

mpprh said...

Mrs Peter always points out the camper van parked on the RN110 at St Genies de Mourgues. The preferred spot is a long layby that may have been a services before the A9 was joined up.

She parks by the main road in winter, under the trees in summer.

Haven't noticed balloons or plastic bags, but she seems to wear nice underwear (viewed through the open door, you understand ?).

Not quite sure why Mrs Peter points her out so often ?

Peter

Wendy Johnson said...

A thought which came to me last night just before dropping off: Are these balloons colour coded do you think?

Wendy

Alex said...

I suspect it just means 'party time'.