Saturday, November 10, 2007

Men, women and sat navs

I really like my new Tom Tom. We went to Nîmes yesterday and as we drove home, a journey I've done hundreds of times, it was there advising me, just in case I'd forgotten, where to turn and when. When we got back to the village it even confirmed that we'd arrived. Excellent! How did I ever manage without it? It's an amazing little gadget. I've had to drive this route lots of times and this thing knows it straight away. It even recognises the different speed limits on the road and it warns you if you are exceeding the limit. Talk about spy in the sky! My beloved, displaying a rare cruel streak, wondered if I could input the coordinates so that it would help me find the kitchen and the sink. 'We'll never know', I, perhaps unhelpfully, told her. 'When you know where to find the wheel locking nut, when you next have a puncture, I'll look for and find the sink.' Somewhat unsurprisingly, this didn't go down too well.


No comments: