Friday, October 12, 2007

A lunar landscape

Now I know what Neil Armstrong felt like. With a lunch to eat, we headed off to survey the lunar landscape. Actually Jan had identified a restaurant about 20 minutes away, in the Sea of Tranquility. We couldn’t find it. What we found was Restaurante La Bodega in Yaiza, (no, I don’t know how to pronounce it). We sat under the biggest Ficus you have ever seen. It was at least 25 metres side to side. It was a pleasant meal, somewhat spoilt by the police car pulling into the car park. I had my back to them but I had visions of the policemen counting the bottles on each table! I mentioned this to the waiter and he said ‘don’t worry they’re family’. So that was all right then! The bus that was going to take us to the church, miles away, was leaving at 17.30. We had a bus to catch.

No comments: