Friday, September 14, 2007

Gimme coffee

I have a problem. I need Internet access and get edgy if I can't get online whenever I want. We are in James' flat in Brighton at the mo and my laptop picks up an unencrypted wifi router somewhere close by. Now I realise that I'm stealing a bit of bandwidth, but not much, and I doubt that I'm disrupting the kind soul who has not encrypted his router. Thank you kind sir, you don't know it, but you're very kind. In the meantime, I'll say three Hail Marys.

***

I’ve never really understood the anti-globalisation thing. Everyone seems to knock Starbucks and companies like it because they're huge organisations with shops all over the world. Who cares how big they are? Good luck to them. No one is forced to go in. Me, I don’t like Starbucks because I don’t like what they sell. I don’t care how big they are, I just want them to sell something that tastes like coffee. Now that's something to protest about.

Another day of meeting family, and in particular Jan's lovely sister Valerie. Dinner at Murasaki Cafe finished the evening. Excellent.

No comments: