Thursday, September 06, 2007

The end of a long journey

We rarely wake to anything other than sunshine at home but this morning was different. It was raining and miserable, but did we care? Welcome to northern France. We arrived effortlessly in England courtesy of Eurotunnel and made it to the M5 by 17.30. I admit that I was tired. Anyway, tonight saw the end of a long journey in more ways than one. If you remember, earlier this year I had found my deceased, natural father's wife and her daughter and so tonight we met them for the first time. They were very kind and helped fill in some of my family history. It was quite emotional to see letters from me, as a child, to my father and to learn more about him and his family. The end of a long journey.


***


I learnt today that my daughter, who has just returned from Barbados, might have dengue fever. Woops. Get well soon my lovely.

No comments: