Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Eden Project

Despite a deep seated belief that it was nothing more than a couple of bloody big greenhouses, I was prepared to be open minded about it. The Eden Project was our first stop this morning.
The first thing that we noticed was the numerous earnest looking types with rucksacks, sandals and a fair share of beards. I still had an open mind. Jan who was desperate for a coffee stopped in the foyer for a fair trade coffee. I've had fair trade coffee before and been less than impressed with it. Fair trade for me means that I pay a little bit more, so that the growers are more able to survive. But it also means that I want something that tastes like coffee. I have never had a fair trade coffee that tastes anything like, and this was no exception. Something is very wrong here and the bottom line is that I pay more for a brown tasteless fluid. Hmnnnn. Give me my Lavazza 'Il Perfetto Expresso' every time. Now that tastes like coffee, and I get what I want.

We were probably still a little jaded after yesterday's excellent all day wedding, but neither of us was particularly impressed with the EP. It was interesting, but, in our opinion, not really worth the £14 entrance fee and I had my suspicions confirmed. The biospheres are just huge greenhouses displaying all kinds of plants .

***

We were now heading towards Torquay to see Jan's relatives tomorrow but tonight we stayed at Fowey Hall. A little treat for a still tired Jan.
Internet access might be a little difficult over the next couple of days. We'll see.





No comments: