Friday, August 31, 2007

Wedding No 1

Yesterday was all about getting things ready, and today we had the first wedding. If you were paying attention earlier you will know what I'm talking about. I won't bore you about yesterday other than to say, amongst other jobs, that I turned up on time to get the sound system. The prat that I was hiring it from didn't show (welcome to the South of France). Oh, sorry he said, hang on there, and an hour later he turned up and we then wandered off on our less than merry way. Job done.
***

I was up at 07.00 this morning to give the pool a final clean, but, more importantly to check if the beer cooler was working properly. It was.

***

At 11.00 we all trooped down to the Mairie for the first 'official wedding. The following pictures tell the story.
No 1 ex-wife and No 1 daughter arrive at the Mairie.
Pauline and her 'best woman' Catherine arrive at the Mairie.
An unusual photo of my children together.The Happy Couple. They'll learn! No 1 Daughter, pissed as usual!My lovely mum, who, at 83 years old, made it out on her own!No 1 daughter.The very lovely and still No1, Jan.

1 comment:

MrsJ said...

Please pass on our best wishes to the happy couple, and regards to all your family!

We are sure tomorrow will go like a dream (just like today) after all your hard work!

Jacqui
xxxx