Sunday, August 12, 2007

So now I should have acted quicker


Since I whinged about the weather the other day, it is now warming up nicely again. In fact it has warmed up sufficiently to eat outside, so last night we cooked Cuban style lamb on the barbecue. The meal was to celebrate the arrival of our good friends the Taylors. Kevin came laden with goodies and, as he said, "Whilst it's a little unusual to bring wine to France, let's polish off this Montepulchiano D'Abruzzo with the lamb." So we did. We slept well.

***

Bloody hell it's hot! It's 31C in the shade and way to hot to do anything in the garden, so we didn't. Don't you just yearn for those cool, sunny days and evenings? (Is this your feeble attempt at a little irony? - Ed.)

***

OK, so you want a faster International response, I understand, but exactly who left your child on her own? I'm starting to feel less sympathetic. Let's get this right, you made a mistake, for which I really sympathise. I've been there and done it myself, but please don't try and shift the burden of responsibility elsewhere. A 'faster International response' would not have been necessary if you had not taken the chance in the first place!

1 comment:

Chris said...

And now this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6963499.stm

These people don't want much, do they? When are they going to be pursued for child neglect? I must have received that bloody 'Have you seen this child' 20 times now (possibly more, it's on my Spam list). Is there anyone on the planet who isn't aware of their stupidity?