Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A problem on the line

The other day we lost our phone and Internet connection. Not a massive problem in the scheme of things but, with the wedding coming up, it could have been a tad inconvenient. So I rang FT on 1013 (deestress), geddit. Realising that I wasn't French, (clever or what) the lovely lady decided to help me by speaking in English. I hung on for a while and she eventually came back and gave me the startling news, "You av a problem on ze line." The old, impatient, aggressive me would normally have said, "Thanks, but I told you that 10 minutes ago!" Anyway, I've mellowed a lot since then, and she promised a technician would sort it out, without visiting the house, the next day, and he did. Thanks FT.

***

It was off to Nîmes at lunchtime to pick up the 'happy' couple, and, they seemed genuinely happy. Last time I got married (OK, the only time I got married), I seem to remember that I wondered whether I was doing the right thing - before the wedding, and, for the next 26 years - (just kidding). Then I met Jan, so far so good.

No comments: