Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My own Pool Maiden

I'm having a problems with the electrolysis system in the pool at the moment and it was in need of a good clean. That was today's big job. At one point Jan offered to get into the pool to scrub the sides whilst I scrubbed the deeper sections with a long brush. Kevin, who was observing this activity with a beer in his hand, from the safety of the terrace, happened to mention that he wished he had a 'pool maiden'. So Jan is now re-christened. With the exception of maiden, the name fits her perfectly.

***

When searching for images of pool maidens I came across the picture below. So what's the collective name for a group of pool maidens? Jan's suggestion was 'scrubbers' which may well be accurate but a little unkind.


Jacqui will be pleased that I haven't mentioned either children or animals (or food - Ed.) today.

***


We all need to know what Gigi got up to this week. Come on girl, spill the beans.

1 comment:

MrsJ said...

You are much better disciplined than me with your posts - my life at the moment seems to be revolving just around these two unmentionable topics!

PS 17 minutes past midnight and still hungry.....