Saturday, August 18, 2007

Easy to swallow

I change the desktop on my PC to reflect the seasons, or my mood. This is a very nice one, and you can get it here. In case you don't speak Spanish, right click the picture and left click 'Set as Background'.


***


So there we were, Bob, Chris, Kevin and I all chewing the fat at Elie's bar in Sommieres, listening to Chris' adventures as a private chef to wealthy French and English families on the CdA. Kevin happens to mention that his PR company had pitched to the Mars consumer drinks division. Normally they only deal with business PR, so this was a little unusual. Someone said, let me understand, this is a Mars drink? It tastes like a Mars bar? Bob quick as a flash came up with the perfect tag line. 'Mars, the drink. If you're just too lazy to chew'. I'm still giggling.

It's humour like this that you can't buy. It comes from a bunch of guys sitting around shooting the breeze. Excellent.


***


It was late afternon and time to cool down in the pool. Unless the pool temperature is about 30 C, I sqeal like a schoolgirl as I get in. Kevin, who was already in, looks at me in disgust and spits, "If you lived in Reading, you'd find this tropical. In fact there are parts of Reading that don't have tap water as hot as this!" I got the impression that he wasn't too sympathetic.

No comments: