Saturday, July 14, 2007

Sommieres












To celebrate a birthday, we all went out to Le Fourneau de Clelia, in Aigremont last night. The meal was, as usual, superb. This is the best restaurant within 30 minutes of us. Highly recommended.

***

Sommieres got a double hit today. This morning, to show our visitors the market and eat cheap oysters, and again during the evening to let them see an abrivado, eat out and then watch the 14th July fireworks. The bulls were a bit tame, there were one or two hairy moments which everyone enjoyed but the restaurant was poor. We paid 28 euros for a poor choice three course meal which everyone compared to the 33 euros, fantastic meal the night before.
These guys then continue drinking and laughing until 3.30 in the morning. Not for me though, I know I'm getting old and I like my sleep and, more to the point, have to get up early for the bread and croissants.
Pictures, from the top, the gardians parading before the bulls were released, AJ receiving the order of the prawn (don't ask) and AJ and I at the end of a boozy dinner.

No comments: