Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Salmonella free



You can always tell when Jan's relatives are coming to stay, because she insists that we 'take all the bottles to the recycling centre'. Or, to put it more succinctly, 'get rid of the evidence'. I have to constantly warn Jan about the dangers of excessive drinking and, after two full carloads, she may now be getting the message. I tried to emphasis my point by shouting 'Jan' every time I smash a bottle in the bank. I don't want the neighbours to think it's me!
The other big clue is that appliances like the fridge, shelves and the oven get cleaned. No complaints there then. At least it will keep the salmonella (above) at bay for a while.

***

Tim, Sue and the girls arrived from Luton, ahead of time, in Nîmes this afternoon. On leaving the terminal, they couldn't quite believe the warmth and sun shine, but there you go. Having said that, it promises to get up to 35C by Friday so I bet they then start moaning about the heat. I know I will.

No comments: