Saturday, July 07, 2007

Hot, hot, hot




Out for dinner at Bryan and Gills last night. As usual the meal was excellent, with filo parcels of goat and feta cheese with onion, to start, followed by barbecued meats. Then for pudding a very unusual, but excellent, melon and lime soup. Thanks guys.

***

I used to know the Marketing Director of the London Rubber Company, the then makers of Durex condoms. When I saw this article it made me laugh because it was just the kind of wheeze that he would come up with. Having said all that, I have to say that I hate the bloody things. "It's like eating a sweet with the wrapper on," as someone once said.

***

It hit 34C in the shade this afternoon. I like it warm but this is pushing it a bit. Having said that it is a very dry heat so not too debilitating and with a similar temperature forecast for tomorrow the pool is starting to look very inviting.
Talking about the pool, the water temperature hit 30C this evening so I suppose I'd better turn the heating off. Mind you, at that temperature it's much easier to get into the water. I might leave it for a day or two, we'll see.
Having said that Rosemary wrote to say that it had hit 100F (37.8C) in Salt Lake City. OK, I give in, you win, I can't beat that.

No comments: