Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Crispy Chicken



I've got to mention what Jan cooked last night. We call it crispy chicken and it has now become my all time favourite way of eating the poulet (apart from Kentucky - Ed.) The recipe (as if we want to know - Ed) is on page 222 of Jamie Oliver's book, Jamie's Dinners. Highly recommended.

***

After a somewhat fruitless trip into Quissac, I could mention why but Jan would be pissed with me, it was back to attend Katie's birthday lunch. Katie is our delightful neighbour's teenage daughter and because the family are always here in summer we get to celebrate her birthday with her. I have a particular soft spot for Katie and it has been a pleasure in seeing her grow from a tomboy into a beautiful young woman. Anyway, the birthday party consists of a huge lunch, where Glyn cooked a paella, outdoors, in his huge new pan, with lots of of wine to wash it all down. We stumbled home at seven, very happy bunnies. Now that's what I call a lunch!

No comments: