Saturday, June 16, 2007

Wise words


We took mum to Sommieres this morning. She loves oysters, so she ordered a dozen which, as a dutiful son, I delivered to her table. I still need to understand how anyone can sit and eat a huge plate of snot. Anyway, despite the snot eating it was a very productive trip. On her way to meet up with us at Elie's bar, Jan mentioned that she had just seen a jazz band. Four piece, two guitars, a violin and a double bass, playing gypsy jazz. I checked them out, bought a CD and, when we got home, told James and Pauline that I had sorted out their live music for the wedding in September. So far so good. Later that evening James called to say that he had offers from two other (different musical style) gypsy bands to play at the wedding. Listen to this. This could turn out to be a fun evening.

***

Jan went for a girls night out tonight, to a sumptuous restaurant nearby, whilst I had to endure a plate of my absolutely favourite, pasta al vongole. Thank god mum was visiting. What would I have done without her? Anyway, whilst she is cooking, I'm sitting at the PC writing this rubbish and mum creeps up behind me and says, "Alex, have you got the wine, I need some more for the sauce?" I passed her the bottle and she very wisely said, "if you continue drinking that, you'll get drunk." She's smart, my mum!

No comments: