Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Making herself available



Juppé quits as Ségo splits. I just loved that headline, but don't believe all the hype about the reasons for Ségolène and her partner splitting up. The real reason is that she knows I fancy her rotten and she is trying to make herself available (in your dreams - Ed).

***

I had an email this morning that really cheered me up. Steve a pilot with AB (I've mixed the letters up to disguise the company), who lives not far from us and who is presently suffering the tribulations of a 5 star hotel in Mexico, wrote to say that he reads this rubbish and it keeps him in touch/reminds him of home. Maybe I should restyle myself as the Vera Lynne of blogs. Keeping the troops on distant shores in touch with their loved ones. Anyway, thanks for your very kind words Steve and no, I can't lend you any money!


***

So there we were sitting having lunch (30c in the shade - Steve) when my mum stared at Jan and said, "Are you going to have your hair cut?" Not known for her subtlety, my mum.

No comments: