Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A trip into the unknown

This morning we left for the UK. As we drove towards the airport, I had this strange sense of foreboding. Let me explain. The main purpose of this trip is to see my daughter Cara, but we are also going to do a little research into my natural father's background. You may remember that last year I established that he had died, never having known him since I was 4 years old when my parents split up, and I know little else. What I do know is that he died in or near Weston, near Bristol, which was where I was born. A trip down to Weston will hopefully help fill in some of the gaps.

***

With the exception of a hard landing at Luton the trip was uneventful. Cara was pleased to see us and show us her new house. Whilst she initially intended to BBQ, because of a chill wind this idea got blown out of the water, so she treated us to dinner out instead. I have to say that it feels very strange when your kids start buying you food and drink, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

No comments: