Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Life in the 'Doc


I've just won an award. Not your run of the mill, "I want to thank the Director, his mother, my mother, my father, whoever he might be," type Oscar, but a real, from the heart, well observed and researched award. Whilst I fully appreciate that this is a huge piss take, 'Sandy' has voted me the best blogger, out of three, in Languedoc. But then, I suppose you knew that anyway!

At least I beat that awful woman in third place. Have a look at her blog and if it doesn't want to make you throw up, then nothing will. So, never one to be churlish about these things, "Thank you. This is a very emotional moment for me. I'm sorry but I haven't written a speech because I didn't expect to win, being in competition with so much great talent, but before I go I'd like to thank................................."

1 comment:

MrsJ said...

Well deserved! Of the many blogs available for the South of France, yours and one other are the only ones I read daily. The others are so.....boring, tedious and possibly written by people who would have been behind secure walls in the old days!

To celebrate my birthday today - I have finally succumbed and spent the morning setting up a blog for our family. And you are to blame!