Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Time to say goodbye


Milton declared himself fit for tennis yesterday morning and, with Peter being unable to make it, Ben made up the fourth. I hope you're paying attention! Anyway, as our guests were going to leave for Spain after lunch we invited William and Christine to eat with us. I just love these unplanned events. We finished off tons of food left over from Sunday, which saves me the hassle of having to eat leftovers for the next three weeks, and had a good laugh. Eating outside on a sunny day, in good company, what could be better?


***

It's a sign of the times or, more to the point, our age, because we didn't intend to do much today. I played tennis with Katie in the morning, gave a tennis lesson to a couple of friends late afternoon and finished the day with a sore back and aching like mad. And there I was thinking that I'd take it easy. What did finish off the day really well was to see the English teams kicking ass in the Champions League. I went to bed sore, but happy.

No comments: