Friday, March 23, 2007

Jesus Christ Superstar


Last night we arived at Tim and Sue's, as expected, with none of the air turbulence problems of last week. Sue is a great cook and for dinner she knocked up seared fillet of salmon on a stir fry of fennel, dill and noodles with a lemon velouté (velouté - oooh get you - Ed). Excellent, and Jan came away with the recipe. This was all washed down with a Verdicchio. I've never really been a fan of this wine but this was excellent. This was a Moncaro, Verdiccho dei Castelli de Jesi 2005. It featured on television recently and I have to say that it was quite special.
In conversation with Glyn recently we exchanged information about the weather. He complained about the poor weather in England and I mentioned that it was hot, sunny and warm in France. He paused for a moment and then said, "But I'm on my way out for a pint of Directors." He knows that I love a pint or two of Directors beer and he had capped my story in one. Well, ever since that conversation I have promised myself that the minute I land in England I'll find a decent pint. Tim and I nipped out on a hunt and we found a nice pint of Abbot Ale. Not Directors but good nevertheless.


***

OK, that was last night. Today was set aside for some serious shopping so it was off to Watford and John Lewis. I'll save you the gory details, but we shopped til we dropped and got back in time for Sue's chicken with a mango sauce. Thanks Sue, you spoilt us. No sooner had we finished dinner than we headed off for Emma's school (the real purpose of the trip) and their production of Jesus Christ Superstar. Amazing, how do school children learn this stuff? There was a cast of thousands, the children's ages ranged from 13 to 19 and they put on a seriously good show. Well done all, and in particular Emma (who I managed to get a good shot of, right, during the crucifixion scene.)

No comments: