Sunday, February 04, 2007

A very funny man


After waking in the middle of last night, for my usual mid night ramble, I couldn't get to sleep so I went to the library, yes, we have a small library in our bedroom (also known as a few book shelves - Ed), and chose Bill Bryson's (pictured here as Chancellor of Durham University) latest, 'The Thunderbolt Kid', which I received at Christmas. I like BB and I like the way he writes. His book, 'Neither Here Nor There', is still the funniest book that I have ever read. We were in Spain at the time, Mijas to be precise, and we were sitting next to the pool when I was convulsed with laughter. I had tears running down my cheeks, I couldn't speak or breath for laughing and must have looked a right twit to the others nearby. Anyway, there I was reading the new book and I started to laugh. The bed shook so violently that I was sure that I'd wake Jan. Luckily, my sleeping beauty takes more than just a minor earthquake to wake her and eventually sleep overtook me, so the danger subsided.


***

Wales played Ireland this afternoon. What a good match. Fast, aggressive rugby which Ireland (the favourites) won. Excellent.
***
I think that it's about time that one of you owned up. The police have better things to do with their time.

No comments: