Monday, February 12, 2007

A very determined pair


The Lloyds arrived yesterday and invited us for dinner tonight. I can't figure out whether it's me or Jan that they like (I think we need to have a litle chat - Ed.)


***

The four musketeers played tennis again this morning. Peter and Milton came at us like there was no tomorrow. Peter was particularly agressive and slammed down aces all morning. We managed to hold them to a tie-break, which they won 7-2. You should have seen the look on their faces. They were ecstatic. We were 5-2 up in the second set when rain stopped play. Bum. We'll get them next time!


***

It transpired that Max needed 14 stitches in his leg the other day in his frantic attempt to 'get at' Min. The vet reckons that the kennels (at the other side of the village) are close enough for Max to be able to smell and/or hear her. In fact when I was playing tennis this morning, Min howled for a short time and I thought that I could hear Max barking in the distance. Anyway, we'll take him to the vet tomorrow to get him looked at again. The kennel lady had to fork out 156 euros for his treatment. Thanks Max!

No comments: