Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Please Max just give it a rest


In the normal course of events we had another two weeks before Minnie should revisit the vet for her second anti chaleur injection. Not so because she started again today so we had to whisk her off to the vet to start the process again. Now we are on full alert to make sure that Max doesn't get his leg over. Bum.


***

We hadn't been to the market in Quissac for a long time so off we popped to check it out and get a coffee in the square. It was sunny and warm, the market was bustling and a coffee en plein air was just what us 'Frenchies' needed. There were hardly any tables occupied outside but the bar was full of smokers inside. Unusually, the door into the bar was closed because I presume the bar would have been guilty of allowing smoking in a public space had it been left open. Now this probably seems strange to you, but two females came and sat next to us and, listening to them, they were obviously English. I felt immediately pissed off. Here I was, being French, in my little backwater of France and my space suddenly gets invaded by the bloody English.


***

Driving around here is not for the faint hearted because it is not unusual to see examples of downright stupid and dangerous driving. But now I've seen everything. We were driving towards Nimes on the main road and, whilst driving round a roundabout covered in foliage and trees, I had to slam my brakes on to avoid a lorry that was reversing around it. Presumably this idiot had decided to take a different exit.

No comments: