Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Work and play


The gardener arrived again yesterday morning, wow, 2 days on the trot. He says that he will be ready to plant on Thursday, so the work looks like it could be finished soon. We shall see!


***

More work with Vincent C yesterday afternoon and this morning, on his mailing to UK wine buyers. He had got his internet back and could therefore start the background work so that I could make some calls on his behalf. A few hours yesterday and today and I'd finished the job. Very satisfying. What was interesting was that with everyone of the phone calls that I made, I received a polite and positive reception to my questions. I'd expected a lot more resitance to a cold phone call and was proved wrong. We were invited to send out lots more invitations to Vinopolis, so Vincent was very pleased.


***

Jan painted all afternoon with Gill and then both Gill and Bryan had dinner with us. The girls painted the view from the main terrace (above). Which was nice! The next day I suffered from a surfeit of something, which was not nice.

No comments: