Saturday, January 27, 2007

Grandchildren


Call me naive (er yes - Ed.) but it still tickles me that I could start yesterday's post in France and finish it off in the UK. Isn't the Internet a wonderful thing?
I mentioned yesterday that I'm generally a lucky person. I wish I could understand it all, and better still, harness it somehow, but when we arrived last night I found a car parking space right outside James' house and when we returned from visiting tonight there was one even nearer. Parking in Brighton is tough, mostly resident only, so to find parking spaces so easily has to involve a lot of luck. On top of that a kind chap in another car pulled up alongside and helped me get into a very tight space. He waited until I'd parked safely. Hmnnn, spooky.


***

Today involved visiting Jan's children and more to the point, getting together with grandchildren. At three years old, the eldest is delightful and for me just at the right age to start to have some fun. I've never been a baby person but I love young children when you can interreact and converse with them. I remember with pleasure how kind adults gave me time, made me feel important and took me seriously when I was young, so I attempt to recreate those feelings now.

No comments: