Saturday, January 20, 2007

Be careful, it's tough out there


It's getting tougher. Yesterday there was only Milton and me playing tennis (ok, I know it should be Milton and I) and he was leading throughout the set until I managed to scrape back to 6 - 6. We are fairly evenly matched, but whilst I've been playing again for the last couple of years, he has only just started playing again after a 15 years lay off. God knows what he'll be like when he gets his eye in. Just gotta keep upping the game! Just for the record I beat him 7 - 2, in the tie-break. You knew I wouldn't let you down?


***

So we're in Sommieres this morning, helping Elie dispose of his huge stocks of red wine, when Peter has a go at me about not writing much recently. Bloody hell, he gets all this garbage for free and then complains that he doesn't get enough garbage. I have to admit however that the muse has escaped me for the last few days (that, and nothing much has happened anyway) but I know it will come back soon. Tomorrow I leave for the UK, with Vincent C, for his wine fair at Vinopolis in London. That's bound to get my creative juices flowing. It could be that I won't get to a computer until I return on Tuesday, so don't go away!

No comments: