Saturday, January 06, 2007

Apple strudel?


I reckon that we have the only toilet in the western hemisphere that smells of apple strudel. I had reason to complain to Housekeeping the other day that the toilet smelt a little antiseptic. Nothing wrong with that you may say, but I didn't like it. Anyway, what do we have now, but an apricot potpourri and Sainsbury's Spiced Plum room spray? Suddenly, it's less toilet and more kitchen. Ah well, I should keep my mouth shut (agreed, and where the hell do you buy your apple strudel? - Ed.).


***

If it's Saturday, it must be headache time, with Peter from The Languedoc Page and Bryan, who isn't. My head hurt badly last week, mostly because I had to sit and listen to them going on about their Christmas and it also had something to do with the wine. Jan and I rarely if ever drink at lunch time, Saturday being the exception, because we tend to suffer for the rest of the day. Today was different, I still got a headache listening to Peter and Bryan, but no hangover, because I only had a couple of beers. The next stage in my rehabilitation is to stop listening to P&B.

No comments: